Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-03-09

Altered box by Georgie Conelly


Hi lovelies,


I’m here today sharing an altered box, mixed media style. These plain little boxes are great to work with, making a good little base to let the creativity out.

 

I started with a coat of white gesso. This helps the next layer go on smoother or stick better. I next used White Crackle – my all time favourite of any crackle paste out there! It produces THE BEST crackles! Then came all the mixed media goodness using a piece of doily, some Scrapiniec, Finnabar Mechanicals and a Relics and Artefacts piece for the focal.





Another coat of white gesso and then on with some art alchemy to make everything blue.



I used other various art alchemy paints to hit the raised areas with the flat, dry brush method. I went a little against my norm with colours and used brights such as Lime Peel and Fresh Orange.



However,I also wanted to create some depth and deeper tones so cracked open the Blackberry art alchemy. Once I had all the colour on I used some Metallique Wax in Vintage Gold. Such a versatile gold, I love this colour!

Love and hugs
xx

Mixed Media Place supplies:


1 comment:

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.